Sunday 18 October 2009

Dessie, Sleeping Oldie

This is a picture I took of Dessie, a very old, bossy, crazy 98 year old dog. All though she was not 96 at that time. But every time I look back at the picture it tells a personal story. This was when my mom just bought new dressers for my sisters and I. When Dessie was younger and was able to move around more easily, she would go up on my sisters bed and sleep there for the night. Soon enough Dessie got older and was not able to go up stairs anymore (Unless you wanted to carry a 60 pound dog up the stairs). She lost her ability to get up on her own. Now, when ever she barks, we have to prop her up on her feet. Dessie always wants to be with my mom. Of coarse, my mom was upstairs and Dessie kept barking to go upstairs. One of my sisters got the energy to carry her up the stairs to where my mom was. A couple hours later, I went up stairs to the "construction" room and saw that Dessie was sleeping on the bed like she used to do. I said to my mom "Oh my Gosh! She never doas that any more"!!!I got my camera and snapped a photo realizing that this was probably going to be the last time we were ever going to see her do this. It has been so far.

No comments: