Tuesday 8 December 2009

A Marshmallow Cloud Warning

This picture has a memorable moment. Hard to believe, but these picture is of clouds. My family and I were on a camping trip, and we were warned by our camping "neighbers" that a big storm was headed our way. Well, we took advantage of that. We spent 15 minutes trying to find a place to keep our firewood dry, from the rains that were planing on flooding our area. You could say that we didn't find the best place, but it was a pretty smart idea. We found that spot underneath the car.Right before the storm came, these clouds blocked the sun in this form. As we looked up, we saw marshmallow like "lumps" in the sky. I took a snapshot and hopped in our blue minivan for shelter from the rains with my family. Soon it started raining cats and dogs. We were all bundled up, hoping nobody would have to go to the bath room during the storm. We were lucky enough for that not to happen to us. 2 hours later, the storm slowly came to a stop. We got out of the car, stepping into puddles the storm had produced. My 4 sisters had gone through something like this before at the same place. That year, a storm came in during the night with strong winds, pulling the tents back and forth. My sister had to come out and try to hold the tent down. They mentioned that it was freezing cold to. I guess our family luck their isn't the best.

No comments: