Saturday 3 October 2009

The Path to Heaven

This is one of my favorite pictures of all time. It was Thanksgiving day in 2008 and my dad decided to take my sisters and I on a hike. It was very chilly so we were all bundled up in jackets and mittens. My dad drove us to Rock Creek Park for the beginning of our adventure. We were all jumping around trying to keep warm hoping it would make a difference. Every now and then we would stop and look at plants or animal prints on the ground. This particular picture was at the end of our hike, when we were all headed towards our car. Before this, we stopped and looked at the horses up ahead that were outside in there fenced in area. Two of my sisters stayed behind laying down under a tree complaining about when were we going to go home. When we were on this path we were all ready to get into our blue mini-van and get home in front of the fire with a nice cup of hot cocoa. I had my camera in my hand, ready to take any pictures I would want to remember forever. I looked back and just gazed at the sight. "Papa, look", I said pointing behind us. I faced my camera towards the scene and snapped the photo. "That ones a keeper" I said looking at my digital camera at the picture I just took. In this photo, I love the sun peeking through the trees and the path way with the leaves scattered around it. The pathway is getting thinner as you look towards the bright sun. That's where I got the idea to name it "The Path to Heaven". If you look on top of my piano, you will see a painting I did using water color that resembles the picture I took shown above. I love this picture with all the details and the nature that is shown in it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OMG the cupcakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!